For more recipe-related articles featured in this blog, you can click this link.
“I propose to do nothing less than redefine what we think of as good nutrition. You need to know the truth about food, and why eating the right way can save your life.”
This is a quote from Dr. T. Colin Campbell, the author of the path-breaking research, The China Study. Following closely on the heels of Dr. Campbell who they regard as their hero, sisters Heather and Jenny Goldberg have set out to become vegan angels for many – healing people through their cooking and providing them support to understand what “good nutrition” is all about.
|Jenny & Heather|
Heather and Jenny, both students of Environmental Studies in college inspired by their course material, decided to embrace vegan 11 years ago. As they learned more about how the meat and dairy industry linked to the degradation of the Planet, the sisters grew firm in their resolve to stay vegan. Their decision to adopt a vegan lifestyle was initially founded on political and environmental principles; soon, animal rights and health concerns became more and strong reasons to go cruelty-free. For more about Heather and Jenny, you can click this link.
Founding Spork Foods
After Jenny had attended culinary school in New York City, the sisters took up private work as vegan chefs. In January 2008, they laid the foundation for Spork Foods. Spork Foods is a Los Angeles-based organic-vegan cooking company through which Heather and Jenny offer in-person cooking classes, consultations on healthy eating, and recipe development.
However, the sisters realized that inspiring one or two families to eat healthy was not their ultimate goal. They envisioned educating more people in large numbers. Therefore, they decided to collaborate with Open Road Films, a professional film making company, to launch Sporkonline.com. Through Sporkonline, the sisters teach anybody who is willing to learn about how to create delicious vegan food. Anyone, anywhere in the world can take up the online vegan cooking classes offered by Sporkonline! Below are photographs of some recipes created by Heather and Jenny.
|Apple Tarte Tatin|
|Fettucini Alfredo with Vegan Parmesan Crisps|
Through Sporkonline, the sisters conduct online cooking classes for both vegetarians and meat-eaters who approach them with the simple quest of how to integrate healthy eating habits into their diets. According to the sisters, some of their favorite students who started out eating meat have gradually made the shift to a meatless diet after realizing just how delicious vegan cuisine can be!
How does Sporkonline operate?
Sporkonline is a membership-based website for anyone who wants to learn how to prepare fun, easy, and delicious vegan recipes to serve anytime! The cooking classes are shot and edited in HD (High Definition) to create a precise, entertaining, and engaging experience.
What does membership with Sporkonline offer to you?
• The online classes are filmed with an eclectic group of students (including celebrities, authors, activists, farmers, parents, and entrepreneurs) that spark interesting conversations around the dinner table. As a member, you get to watch these conversations unfold!
• A cooking class featuring a four-course meal built around a specific theme (for example, Italian, Southern Comfort, Fresh, Fast and Healthy, and Sushi Party) is posted online and is available to all members once a month.
• Each month, Sporkonline offers exclusive bonus classes and recipes focusing on specific holiday and seasonal culinary traditions. As a member, you have access to the archived classes such as the Brunch Class, Chinese Food Class, and an Aphrodisiac Class.
• Along with the cooking classes, members have the opportunity to travel with the sisters to see how vegan food and products are manufactured, meet the faces behind the products, shop for organic goodies, and while at it, meet with celebs and non-celebs alike!
• As a member of Sporkonline, you can also ask questions to Heather and Jenny. The sisters will get back to you in writing or via a video shot for the other members to view as well.
To learn more about the benefits to members and get answers to your FAQs, you can click this link.
How to become a Sporkonline member
To become a Sporkonline member, you need to go to sporkonline.com, click "Become a Member", and fill in the blanks! If you face any issues signing in, you can contact Heather and Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sporkonline is a great medium for you to use to give vegan cooking a chance! Heather and Jenny meticulously guide you towards unlocking the doors to a lifetime of good health (sans medicines, diseases, and trips to hospitals) as they demonstrate how uplifting vegan cooking can get!
“A Compassionate World Begins With You,” ~Farm Sanctuary~